Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Roxy, Novelist

Yes folks, I am going to join the masses by participating in NaNoWriMo and Blogger's version, Na-No-Blog-Mo.

I have started many novels in my day, and I do mean many, but they have all fallen by the wayside, because I ended up hating my characters and my plots and my lack of direction. I always dreamt, as many writers do, of publishing the next Great American Novel, but I wanted to be among the youngest to do so. Now that I am 25 and have not even come near to completing a novel, I don't think that distinction could go to me, but I no longer yearn to write the Great American Novel. I just want to write a novel to prove to myself that I can do it. I can fiddle and tweak and care later, but in NaNoWriMo, I am not going to fuss. I am going to chug out my 1667 words every night, and I will post it to my newest blog. Look for my novel to begin on Nov 1. It won't be edited and it won't be pretty, but it will be there. Comments will always be welcome and appreciated, and if you are a participant let me know. I would love to follow your progress.
- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +