Friday, October 08, 2004

It's All In The Marketing

Why won't anyone buy my sofa?

I mean, I know it isn't the most attractive thing in the world, but I bought it used for $350, so $65 is a huge cut. I even lowered it from $100.

I know the text sucks, but I really can't figure out what to say about it. You either want a plaid sleeper sofa or you don't.

I could write a long diatribe on why I want to get rid of it in the first place a la the guy with the pen, who I also think is the same guy to do that with a wedding dress, don't have the link so I can't check.

I would say something like:

Sleeper Sofa for Sale

Just divorced, must get this thing out of my house. It was the first major purchase my husband and I made together as a married couple. It was a mistake. Our being a married couple, I mean, not the sofa. No the sofa was just fine. It was great when we had family come stay. They always glowed about how comfortable the bed was and thanked us for a good night's sleep, which was good because I always feel guilty making guests sleep in the living room instead of being the gracious hostess who gives up the master bed. Yes sir, that is a great sofa. It just has too many bad memories for me. So come get it. Please. Give it a good home. Love it. Love each other. Love me by taking the couch away from this place. Bonus if you live outside of Bellevue.


Think it'd work?
- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +