Monday, January 03, 2005

Ban This

Every year seems to come along bringing with it new words or phrases that bug the hell out of us because they just. won't. go. away. We never want to hear them again, yet they are everywhere. I read the 2005 List of Banished Words today and wish that we could actually ban them. Why oh why can't we ban them.

I want to add "You're fired!" to the list. I am so sick of that phrase and sick of the Donald walking around like he invented putting those two words together. What? All these new reality shows with their little taglines to get rid of contestants...You're in...You're out...you're still in the running...you're not...you've been eliminated...you get to stay. Ugh. Why do they have to say the same freaking thing every freaking time? Why does it all have to be such a ritual?

Guess I should stop watching reality shows cause this was supposed to be about words that should be banned and not TV.

Oh, and for the record...My one disagreement with the aforementioned list is the banishment of blog or all variations of blog. I am quite fond of the word and all it has represented for me this year, though I am sure those who know me wish they could ban the word from my vocabulary so I could no longer say, "so I was reading this one blog"..."oh I wrote about that on my blog"..."better be careful, it could end up in someone's blog." Maybe I use the word too much.

So the power of banisher lies in your hands...of what noisome word or phrase do you rid the world?
- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +