Friday, October 29, 2004

Pooh Anyone?

Pardon the look of disgust on my heavily make-upped face (see below) but I just ate an Odwalla Superfood Bar. I bought it a couple of weeks ago for Audrey, but it somehow ended up in my desk at work, where it’s sat undisturbed ever since. Today, I was hungry, and in my rush to get out the door this morning, I neglected to feed myself. I opened the drawer slowly and there it was waiting for me, taunting me to open its carefully designed wrapper and take a bite. Okay, now being a mom, I have had many close encounters with pooh, but I just don’t expect to come across it in my snack bar, which will henceforth be called pooh bar. The thing is the consistency of pooh; believe me, I know (touch, not mouth feel, people!) and it looks like pooh. It is a deep, dark, wet brown color with little flecks of stuff that is oatmeal in my daughter’s pooh, but I really couldn’t tell what it was in this pooh bar. I tentatively broke off a small corner and brought the bit to my hesitant mouth. Yep, pooh, it tastes like I imagine pooh to taste. And the funny thing is, on the wrapper, just above the ingredients it says “wow! Real food for humans!” Hmm, if that is “real food”, pass me the bag of Doritos, because I will take the fake stuff over pooh any day.
- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +