Thursday, January 06, 2005

Thief Ghost?

Today I did something evil.

I was sitting at my desk minding my own business when I heard someone say to the CFO that there was only one slice of banana bread left in the kitchen. She got all excited, and I knew she wanted that last slice of banana bread. But the thing is, so did I. She'd been in the kitchen with it, but left to get the mail...that woman is obsessed with the mail, so I took the opportunity. I swooped in, took that last slice of banana bread, then rushed back to my desk and shoved it in my drawer.

Not two seconds later, she rushed over to me, "Who went this way?"

I looked up from the papers I was seriously concentrating on, "What?"

"Did you see anyone go by?"

"Uh, no. I'm in my own world editing this stuff. Why?"

"Someone just took the last piece of banana bread. I wanted it. And to top it off, they left the dirty plate sitting on the counter in the kitchen."

"Hmm, must have been the banana bread thief ghost again."

I could tell she was pretty miffed. That woman sure does love her food. But hey. She left it unattended. I didn't feel bad, that bad anyway. The woman eats three lunches.

I did go back and wash the dish after she was safely in her office. Then and only then did I pull the precious banana bread booty from my desk.

Yum, that was some good stuff. Definitely worth it.
- Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas +